SubjectPossible PPP problem? (Was: Re: kfree_skb on hard IRQ C01a8d0b)
Mark Hahn wrote:

> > I have searched for any info on this message and found only fixes for
> > drivers which I do not use. Can somebody tell me how to translate this
>
> did you find the code the printk's it?
>
> > driver". I grepped for the string in /proc/ksyms, as that seemed to have
>
> it's a code address, and thus finding the function's name means
> finding the next smallest address.> I have searched for any info on this
> message and found only fixes for

> > drivers which I do not use. Can somebody tell me how to translate this
>
> did you find the code the printk's it?
>
> > driver". I grepped for the string in /proc/ksyms, as that seemed to have
>
> it's a code address, and thus finding the function's name means
> finding the next smallest address.

I searched around for printk references and am guessing that this is the
method by which a piece of code prints errors to the terminal in which it is
running (total guess here, sorry if it is totally off base). If that is the
case, it is something (PPP's slhc_toss (see next paragraph)???) which is
running in every tty, as it prints out on every tty.

OK, so from what you are telling me ( I do not write code, so another total
guess here), if I look at the following, I will assume that it is a problem
with the slhc_toss function, which is related to the modem, which is on the
USB. Since it only appears to give this message when I am transferring data,
this makes me think that this is somewhat correct. So I hope that I was
close? Thanks for the reply.

c01a65d4 ppp_register_channel
c01a6660 ppp_unregister_channel
c01a5ef4 ppp_input
c01a5f68 ppp_input_error
c01a668c ppp_output_wakeup
c01a6b80 ppp_register_compressor
c01a6bd0 ppp_unregister_compressor
c01a7190 slhc_init
c01a72c8 slhc_free
c01a7d3c slhc_remember
c01a737c slhc_compress
c01a7960 slhc_uncompress
c01a7ec4 slhc_toss
c01ac3d8 init_etherdev
c01ac534 register_netdev
c01ac5c4 unregister_netdev
c01ac458 ether_setup

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:2.072 / U:2.140 seconds]