SubjectRe: Minimizing disk usage for kernel development.
Date
"A month of sundays ago Riley Williams wrote:"
> > I'd try out e2compr however I don't want to risk any data until
> > it is built into the kernel tree proper.
>
> I'm also now joint developer of e2comp with the aim of getting it in
> the kernel as standard ASAP.

While e2compr is so absilutely solid as to be ridiculous, he could also
use the user space compression afforded by preloading a library module to
intercept open and read calls, and thus read .gz'ed files
transparantly.

This has, like e2compr, been available for years. I believe Alain Knaff
did the work (correct me if I'm wrong). You want to look for something
like libz or zlib on the web (careful! There are two).

And Riley, I haven't forgotten the ram.

Peter

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.465 / U:0.160 seconds]