SubjectRe: 2 ethernetcard in 1
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Soti Robert wrote:
>I have 2.2.12 kernel RedHat6.1 and SMC9334BDT fast ethernet dual-channel
>PCI network card, it combines the functionality of two separate cards. My
>linux see it as eth0 and eth1. I wont, that my computer communicate
>with double bandwidth. I don't now, what is required to that: kernel
>configuration, extra driver or package, etc. 2 card must have 1 IP
>nummer, linux must 2 card as 1 ethernecard handeln?
>Please help me.

What you are describing is called ethertrunking. I'm not sure Linux can
do that (yet.) You may be able to put something together with 'eql', tho
it's not designed for slving ethernet devices. You could also wire something
up using PPP of Ethernet -- the two ports become channels for multi-link
PPP (assuming you can get MPPP to work properly.)

There are several vendor methods for doing ethertrunks -- Cisco, FORE,
Adaptec's Duralink... I'm not sure there is an IETF standard track for
ethertrunking. Someone correct me if there is.

--Ricky

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.059 / U:2.940 seconds]