SubjectRe: alpha update for 2.3.47-6
As first thanks for the updating work. I am mainly interested to check the
sable and rawhide archs that are the SMP ones. I see you are not handling
SMP irqs there yet in your patch. Is possible to handle SMP irqs with such
archs? Could you point out me the sepcs of the two archs? thanks.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Richard Henderson wrote:

>infrastructure. Cleans up style issues to my liking.

I don't understand why you feel more happy in having
include/asm-alpha/hw_irq.h in the wrong place arch/alpha/kernel/irq_impl.h
instead of its right location where I moved it in my last patches to make
the irq code architectural clean? And you have still to keep hw_irq.h
empty to satisfy include/linux/irq.h ;). I think you are missing the
larger picture that is you'll have to put hw_irq.h in the right location
for sure in the long term (irq.c in linux/kernel/) and so your current
move to the past where such code was just ready for the long term move
make no sense at all.

Please revert the buggy move and resend the patch to Linus. thanks.

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.049 / U:0.156 seconds]