SubjectRe: Eepro100 on 2.0.x and 2.2.x
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich wrote:

> Lawrence,
>
> Could you be more verbose about your problems with the driver?
> It may help :-)

Hi Savochkin,

I didn't want to repeat my experiences because they seem to be exactly the
same as everyone else has been having. Namely the eepro100 stalls with
"Trying reset the transmitter" message under a bit of load. I should say
the last time I tried the eepro driver with a 2.2 kernel was 2.2.12 or so,
so I was hoping the problems were fixed now...

I don't even have any 2.2 boxes with those network cards, though there is
a high possibility I will have a couple soon, and its more then likley I
will need to stick eepro100s in them... hence me being interested in the
health of the driver :) It also seemed weird how it works well under 2.0
(like I said, 2 years and not 1 hicup) but under 2.2 it has that lockup
problem.. but I might have a clue to that - thanks to Jeff Garzik. :)

I know the driver has been hacked at lately ;) so I will try to do more
testing ASAP.

Lawrence

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.115 / U:0.056 seconds]