SubjectRe: IP changes in 2.3.4x make things wierd?
> to serve thousands of processes and connections, I started to suspect
> something wrong. When IP_RECVERR was done, it were purely theoretical
> doubts.

Ok IP_RCVERR seems to help. Except of course that its not back compatible,
while the SO_BSDCOMPAT option is very much so and if the libc folks have
been paying attention is automatic for code built FAVOUR_BSD.

glibc doesn't use IP_RECVERR nor do the NIS libraries. If we make this change
the C libraries will need fixing, and for some dialup configurations libc5
will also need fixing really.

So why not use the existing API SO_BSDCOMPAT option. Its been there for four
years and doesn't break back compatibility of the BSD cases.

Alan