    SubjectRe: IP changes in 2.3.4x make things wierd?
    > to serve thousands of processes and connections, I started to suspect
    > something wrong. When IP_RECVERR was done, it were purely theoretical
    > doubts.

    Ok IP_RCVERR seems to help. Except of course that its not back compatible,
    while the SO_BSDCOMPAT option is very much so and if the libc folks have
    been paying attention is automatic for code built FAVOUR_BSD.

    glibc doesn't use IP_RECVERR nor do the NIS libraries. If we make this change
    the C libraries will need fixing, and for some dialup configurations libc5
    will also need fixing really.

    So why not use the existing API SO_BSDCOMPAT option. Its been there for four
    years and doesn't break back compatibility of the BSD cases.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.018 / U:20.344 seconds]