SubjectRe: Of removable devices
On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Even when we are flushing everything to disk immediately, it is still
> possible for the user to remove the disk, and it is what happens here
> that I was talking about. You were suggesting that we need a daemon
> to pop up and tell the user to reinsert the disk. That's far more
> complexity than we need.

I've always thought the floppy disk drive had a bad design flaw. It should
have had the ability to lock the drive (much like CD-ROMs do) to prevent
the user from ejecting when not flushed. It might have saved much grief
for millions of humans over the last 20 years!

Does the LS120 floppy drive locks the drive?

Cheers,
Alex
--
Signatures suck.