    SubjectRe: Periodic RTC interrupt
    On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

    >RTC interrupt on Alpha platform? You might as well disable the entire
    >driver at that point IMHO...

    You are right, I am the one who changed the rtc device.

    RTC is the official alpha timer clock. It's a very special irq on alpha
    delivered throught a special pin and a special case in the irq code. We
    have to use it as irq clock on alpha SMP. In 2.2.x we are now forced to
    use an unofficial rtc-light patch to make alpha-SMP to work correctly.

    The reason the rtc device still make lots of sense on alpha even if
    doesn't own the rtc interrupt is that it allows hwclock to play with the
    RTC time settings.

    Andrea

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.022 / U:0.056 seconds]