    SubjectRe: Of removable devices
    In message <>, David Balazic writes:
    | > > At the same time - the fix is hardware, the PC isnt fixable for this the
    | > > CD-ROM drives are. The 2.2.x supermount stuff does that bit right
    | >
    | > Exactly. As far as there are no automatic gear for floppies you can not
    | > avoid manual unmount if you want reliable work.
    | But you CAN ,as at least AmigaOS proves.

    Do Amigas use PC-style floppies? After all, Macs and Suns for a long time
    didn't --- they could therefore do things that PCs couldn't.

    brandon s. allbery os/2,linux,solaris,perl
    system administrator kthkrb,heimdal,gnome,rt
    carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering kf8nh

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.018 / U:1.812 seconds]