SubjectRe: DSL Modem?

On 16-Feb-00 Richard Gooch wrote:
> H. Peter Anvin writes:
>> Well, if you're doing firewalling you might as well do NAT as well,
>> though...
>
> Except that not all protocols work so well with NAT.

I've been using NAT with my DSL connection for a year and a half or so now. In
practice there are very few things which don't work, or can't be made to work
if they're important enough. Streaming media stuff was a little troublesome,
but there is an RTSP proxy with works fine.

Perhaps you have a particular protocol in mind which is problematic with NAT,
but they are rare in the general scheme of things.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans