    SubjectRe: DSL Modem?

    On 16-Feb-00 Richard Gooch wrote:
    > H. Peter Anvin writes:
    >> Well, if you're doing firewalling you might as well do NAT as well,
    >> though...
    >
    > Except that not all protocols work so well with NAT.

    I've been using NAT with my DSL connection for a year and a half or so now. In
    practice there are very few things which don't work, or can't be made to work
    if they're important enough. Streaming media stuff was a little troublesome,
    but there is an RTSP proxy with works fine.

    Perhaps you have a particular protocol in mind which is problematic with NAT,
    but they are rare in the general scheme of things.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.019 / U:90.232 seconds]