    SubjectRe: char/Serial.c
    I might say that NT, the other half of my 486 is quite content with the
    disposition of the I/O card, even with the ( I personnaly didn't know it was
    set at ) strange IRQ setting. One does not understand why the current set of
    kernels could not do the same!

    I dont understand where the problems could crop up. If I were to try to detect
    the IRQ for each of the well know Serial I/O addresses, I would simply
    redirect the interrupt vectors ( temporarily ) to addresses that I am aware
    of. This appears to be exceedingly simple, but I suppose the concept of
    modules, may make that dangerous to do.

    Has the kernel addressed IRQ daisy chaining ? or is still 1 IRQ/device.
    gat

    tytso@mit.edu wrote:

    > Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:16:02 -0500
    > From: Uncle George <gatgul@voicenet.com>
    >
    > Apparently my ttyS1 had an IRQ if 5 ( rather than the usual setting of
    > IRQ 3 ). It seems that the serial driver does not really detect the IRQ
    > I used to try to make IRQ autodetection work, but it turned out to be
    > causing more failures than it saved, due to the fact that PC hardware
    > manufacturer's are unbearably sloppy about implementing everything under
    > them.
    >
    > - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.024 / U:0.652 seconds]