SubjectRe: char/Serial.c
I might say that NT, the other half of my 486 is quite content with the
disposition of the I/O card, even with the ( I personnaly didn't know it was
set at ) strange IRQ setting. One does not understand why the current set of
kernels could not do the same!

I dont understand where the problems could crop up. If I were to try to detect
the IRQ for each of the well know Serial I/O addresses, I would simply
redirect the interrupt vectors ( temporarily ) to addresses that I am aware
of. This appears to be exceedingly simple, but I suppose the concept of
modules, may make that dangerous to do.

Has the kernel addressed IRQ daisy chaining ? or is still 1 IRQ/device.
gat