SubjectRe: ISSUE: Unable to handle kernel paging... Kernel 2.2.14 on COMPAQ with 24Mb
>      I have been in contact with a Lawrence Chan at lchan@jump.net who has a
> very similar System to mine, though with much more RAM, and it appears
> that my BIOS setup is correct.

Ok

> 2. The possibility of Faulty RAM.
> I purchased the RAM from a Company, P.C. Service Source, which has a
> Business relationship with COMPAQ, to supply them with compatable parts.
> The new Storage was checked using a Hardware Diagnostic program supplied
> by COMPAQ.
> At Boot time, I see the message 24576 KB OK

Doesnt mean a lot. An 8Mb memory chip has 64 million memory cells, each of
which may only show problems in combination patterns. The fact that the
ram makes it show up is suspicious. If you can find another 8Mb simm from
somewhere that would help eliminate that one.

Is your machine old enough to require extra cache tag ram above 16Mb - it
seems unlikely

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.051 / U:4.684 seconds]