    SubjectRe: Standards of Conduct
    On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 11:24:42AM +0200, Lauri Tischler wrote:
    > Karen Shaeffer wrote:
    > >
    > > I would urge those controlling this list to take responsibility and put all
    > > list subscribers on notice that certain behaviors can no longer be
    > > tolerated. It is clearly in the best interest of Linux as we move forward.
    > -Standard of Conduct
    > -Polical Correctness
    > -Orwell 1984
    > Apparently narrowminded bigot trying to push her morals to everybody.
    > --
    > Lauri Tischler, Network Admin
    ---end quoted text---

    Thank you for your comment.

    Actually, I'm not a bigot and accept people for who they are. I've also
    learned in life that running around insulting people never leads to positive
    outcomes. The main intent of my post was concerned with treating others with

    I've received a significant number of positive and thoughtful private emails
    due to my original post. In retrospect, I should not have spoken my mind on
    this matter. Each individual can draw their own conclusions about the
    conduct of others and are free to /dev/null them or filter their mail or
    just ignore them. Enough said, I won't be discussing this matter on this
    list in the future.

    If you're interested in my "morals", I would suggest you read

    Albert Einstein; The World as I See It; ISBN 0-805-0711-X

    The ideas found in there seem to resonate reasonably well with my view of

    Karen Shaeffer
    Neuralscape; (831) 426-8547
    Santa Cruz, Ca. 95060

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.019 / U:32.320 seconds]