SubjectStandards of Conduct
Hi Folks,

I really do not care about the colorful history of the linux-kernel mailing
list and respect the right of individuals to speak their mind--without
constraint, when they are conversing one-on-one either in person or via
email. But considering the rapid adoption of Linux by global corporations
and the connection of this list to the work environment of peoples of all
types and background (and including women) as a side effect of that adoption,
it is imperative that some minimum set of Standards of Conduct be enforced on
this list.

I would urge those controlling this list to take responsibility and put all
list subscribers on notice that certain behaviors can no longer be
tolerated. It is clearly in the best interest of Linux as we move forward.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by suggesting that we, as a community, can
expect a minimum standard of conduct to be observed on our most important
mailing list. Think about it.
--
----
Karen Shaeffer