    SubjectStandards of Conduct
    Hi Folks,

    I really do not care about the colorful history of the linux-kernel mailing
    list and respect the right of individuals to speak their mind--without
    constraint, when they are conversing one-on-one either in person or via
    email. But considering the rapid adoption of Linux by global corporations
    and the connection of this list to the work environment of peoples of all
    types and background (and including women) as a side effect of that adoption,
    it is imperative that some minimum set of Standards of Conduct be enforced on
    this list.

    I would urge those controlling this list to take responsibility and put all
    list subscribers on notice that certain behaviors can no longer be
    tolerated. It is clearly in the best interest of Linux as we move forward.

    I hope I haven't offended anyone by suggesting that we, as a community, can
    expect a minimum standard of conduct to be observed on our most important
    mailing list. Think about it.
    --
    ----
    Karen Shaeffer