Subjectpcmcia & newer kernels
hi everyone...
i use a pcmcia modem with my laptop constantly. when 2.0.x was popular, it worked perfectly, and still does (in 2.0). but when i compile and install the new kernels, since 2.2.1 first came out, the pcmcia modem no longer connects and/or downloads at optimal speed. it now downloads at about 300bytes/sec and falls.

i don't know if it's supposed to be using drivers/char/serial.c, because pcmcia-cs uses its own serial drivers, serial_cs. and if this doesn't jostle your boat, this evening when i connected to my dialup, i downloaded mozilla source (about 20mb) at a whopping 2.7kb/sec (which is normal speed for me). i was really quite suprised to find it at normal connection and download speed in 2.2.14, which i'm using now.

sadly though, it's now spiraled down to approximately 300bytes/sec and falls until it stalls (rhymed, heh). i do have 2.0.38 compiled on this box, and 2.3.40 as well. same thing happens in the 2.3 kernels. 2.0.38 is the ONLY recently new kernel that works perfectly, but it's old and outdated and i prefer the new faster kernels of course :). so if anyone out there at ALL has any clue they might like to toss my way, i'd be very happy if i could get this resolved.

thanks
-- webfreak
(reply-to): webfreak@themes.org

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:2.318 / U:0.532 seconds]