    SubjectRe: PCI bridge setup weirdness
    Date

    >No, pci_read_bridge_bases() is obsoleted by new pci setup code. ;-)
    >You have to set up bus resources properly in pcibios_fixup_bus().
    >For a single root bus configuration, you don't need to do anything
    >with the root bus itself - its resources already point to ioport_resource
    >and iomem_resource, which should be ok. For pci-pci bridges you have
    >to add something like this:

    The problem I have (and this is why I don't setup host resources
    properly on multi-host PPCs yet) is that some hosts can have several
    non-contiguous ranges (especially with memory, IO is usually a single
    contiguous range).

    There are simply not enough resource "slots" in the current structures
    to handle all possibles cases.

    They basically have a host bridge register in which each low bit enables
    decoding of a 256Mb region in the range 0xn0000000 and each high bit
    enable decoding of a 16Mb region in the range 0xFn000000

    The typical setup is to have one (or more) 256Mb regions, and one 16Mb
    region, but that can change from model to model.

    Ben

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:2.604 / U:0.232 seconds]