    SubjectRe: Signal 11
    > Various processes have been getting random signals after heavy CPU usage.
    > Playing an MPEG movie, kernel compile, or even just some small apps
    > compiling sometimes. Just for the record, this isn't an OOM situation,
    > I've watched this box with half its memory free or in buffers left
    > unattended, and suddenly a compile will just die.

    This is consistent with page cache corruption in memory. We definitely had
    that in older 2.4test kernels. I saw this building stuff on Linux parisc
    and it was because some page of gcc had randomly decided to become something
    different. Since that was test6 I didnt figure it important 8)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.020 / U:88.280 seconds]