    SubjectRE: Signal 11
    Hi all,

    Thanks for all the input so far. Regarding this...

    > (I'm not sure exactly what cerberos does, do you have a link for it ?).

    The official name is "Cerberus Test Control System" aka CTCS. I don't know
    the official site but a search for this should reveal something. Anyway it
    is a pretty comprehensive test that includes multiple kernel compiles,
    memory tests, disk test, etc, etc. Like I said, I ran this for more than 15
    hours with no problems.

    Well, actually, I did notice that if I run CTCS from within X then it
    freezes up after a few minutes. This appears to happen when/because of
    extreme swapping.

    Aside from the above I've also run repeated kernel compiles (more than 50
    times) with 'make -j bzImage' and had no problems; all outputs were

    So given these tests, I'm reasonably confident the core hardware is ok. I
    suppose it is possible there's some iffy bits in the G400's VRAM (but
    wouldn't that just result in screen artifacts?). I will admit that I have't
    yet tried swapping RAM or any other system components.

    Any other ideas?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.023 / U:1.096 seconds]