SubjectRe: kernel BUG at buffer.c:827! and scsi modules no load at boot w/ initrd - test12pre7
Date
In article <3A2FF076.946076FC@haque.net>,
Mohammad A. Haque <mhaque@haque.net> wrote:

>I'm getting a BUG at boot in buffer.c:827. Oops/ksymoops at teh end of
>this message. I also noticed that the driver for my scsi card isn't
>during the boot process.

This is a new BUG-check, where "UnlockPage()" actually verifies that the
page was locked before it unlocks it.

Trying to unlock a page that isn't locked is a nasty bug - if it happens
it probably also means that with some bad luck that unlock could have
unlocked the page that somebody _else_ had locked, and expected to stay
locked until it was unlocked properly.

(It may also be that the BUG() is due to exactly that - somebody else
who didn't have the lock unlocked the page from under you, and the
_proper_ unlocker will in that case be the one that oopses).

Do you have something special that triggers this? Can you test if it
only happens with initrd, for example?

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:1.158 / U:0.148 seconds]