    SubjectRe: test12-pre5
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > Ok, this contains one of the fixes for the dirty inode buffer list (the
    > other fix is pending, simply because I still want to understand why it
    > would be needed at all). Al?

    I've run the same test suite against vanilla test12-pre5 on two machines for
    five hours. On ext2/IDE/SMP+UP it's solid.

    I'll test Al's latest bforget_inode patch overnight, but that's already
    been through the wringer once.

    > Also, it has the final installment of the PageDirty handling, and now
    > officially direct IO can work by just marking the physical page dirty and
    > be done with it. NFS along with all filesystems have been converted, the
    > one hold-out still being smbfs.
    > Who works on smbfs these days? I see two ways of fixing smbfs now that
    > "writepage()" only gets an anonymous page and no "struct file" information
    > any more (this also fixes the double page unlock that Andrew saw).
    Mike Galbraith.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.021 / U:12.400 seconds]