SubjectRe: lost dirs after fsck-1.18 (kt133, ide, dma, test10, test11)
You saying that you were running test kernels on a production box and
seriously didn't expect something bad to happen?

Filesystem corruptions arent things you can recover files from. You're
confusing accidentally deleting files and undeleting them later.

What would be useful is if you noted where/why you ran 'fsck -y'. Did
you crash and fs check at boot failed? What?

Saber Taylor wrote:

> Well that's the last time I run a devel kernel with a nontest
> system. sigh.
>
> Had one directory replaced with a different directory
> and also a directory replaced with a file. Possible further
> corruption.
>
> I don't think I lost the directories until I did a 'fsck -y'
> on the partition. Something to remember.
>
> If anyone has advice on recovering the directories other than
> the following links, I'm all ears:
>
> http://www.datafoundation.org/lde/
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Ext2fs-Undeletion.html
> (last updated February 1999)
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Ext2fs-Undeletion-Dir-Struct/
>
> Saber Taylor

Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/
batmanppc@themes.org