SubjectRe: No more DoS
   From: Michael Peddemors <michael@linuxmagic.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:20:06 -0800

> I think not holding onto any state for an incoming SYN is nothing but
> a dream in any serious modern TCP implementation. It can be reduced,
> but not eliminated. The former is what most modern stacks have done
> to fight these problems.
A dream, maybe .... but hey so were most things that we now take for granted..
Worth kicking around a bit tho...
At a minimum you have to remember the MSS value given by the remote
host in the initial SYN, it is impossible to avoid this and provide
a TCP implementation of any level of quality.

The foundations of this person's scheme simply cannot work.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com