    SubjectRe: multiprocessor kernel problem
    Date
    Roger Crandell <rwc@lanl.gov> writes:

    > I have 2.4.0 test 10 and test 11 installed on a multiprocessor (Intel)
    > machine. I have tried both test versions of the kernel. I configured
    > the kernel for single
    > and multi processor. When I boot single processor, iptables will run
    > fine. When I boot the machine with the multiprocessor kernel and run
    > iptables, the kernel dumps several pages of hex and the final two lines
    > of output are:
    >
    > Killing interrupt handler
    > scheduling in interrupt
    >
    > The kernel logs nothing and you must reset the machine to bring it back
    > up. I believe this is a kernel issue rather than an iptables
    > issue.
    >
    > Does anyone have experience with iptables on a multiprocessor
    > machine?

    i tried it about a month back with -test11. my quad ppro simply
    locked up and died when i issued "iptables -nL". i got no logs just a
    freeze. perhaps only my keyboard mouse and NIC died and the rest of
    the machine kept on running. i posted a couple of times to the
    netfilter mailing list but got zero response.

    --
    J o h a n K u l l s t a m
    [kullstam@ne.mediaone.net]