[ferret@phonewave.net]
> Do you have an alternative reccomendation? I've shown where the
> symlink method WILL fail. You disagree that having the configured
> headers copied is a workable idea. What else is there?

4.5 more megabytes, per kernel, on my root filesystem. (That's *after*
pruning the extra include/asm-*/'s.) Thanks but no thanks.

Symlinks fail only if you move or delete your tree. By doing that, you
have proven that you actually know what and where your kernel sources
are, which in turn is strong evidence that you are not in need of those
"External Module Compiling for Dummies" scripts.

Conversely, by actually trusting a random script to compile an external
module unaided, the user is all but declaring himself incapable of
messing around with the /usr/src/linux that came pre-installed.

Peter

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.058 / U:0.060 seconds]