Joe deBlaquiere wrote:
> My solution to this has always been to make a cross compiler environment

;-))) I think lots of people would really enjoy to have "build a
cross-gcc" added to the prerequisites for installing some driver
module ;-)

I know, it's not *that* bad. But it still adds quite a few possible
points of failure. Also, it adds a fair amount of overhead to any
directory name change or creation of a new kernel tree.

> The other advantage to this is that I can switch my host environment
> (within reason - compatible host glibcs, ok) and not have to change the
> target compiler.

Hmm, I don't quite understand what you mean here.

- Werner