SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit
Hi!

> > > For one of our demos, we ran a file server on a remote linux box (that we
> > > just had a user account on), mounted it on a kORBit'ized box, and ran
> > > programs on SPARC Solaris that accessed the kORBit'ized linux box's file
> > > syscalls. If nothing else, it's pretty nifty what you can do in little
> > > code...
> >
> > Cool!
> >
> > However, can you do one test for me? Do _heavy_ writes on kORBit-ized
> > box. That might show you some problems.
>
> I guess that when you mmap large files over nfs and write to them, you get
> similar problems.
>
> > Oh, and try to eat atomic memory by ping -f kORBit-ized box.
>
> When linux is out of atomic memory, it will die anyway.

Why should it die? It is quite easy to make machine run out of atomic
memory: just bomb it with lots of packets. It should recover, eventually

--
The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+