    SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit
    Hi!

    > > > For one of our demos, we ran a file server on a remote linux box (that we
    > > > just had a user account on), mounted it on a kORBit'ized box, and ran
    > > > programs on SPARC Solaris that accessed the kORBit'ized linux box's file
    > > > syscalls. If nothing else, it's pretty nifty what you can do in little
    > > > code...
    > >
    > > Cool!
    > >
    > > However, can you do one test for me? Do _heavy_ writes on kORBit-ized
    > > box. That might show you some problems.
    >
    > I guess that when you mmap large files over nfs and write to them, you get
    > similar problems.
    >
    > > Oh, and try to eat atomic memory by ping -f kORBit-ized box.
    >
    > When linux is out of atomic memory, it will die anyway.

    Why should it die? It is quite easy to make machine run out of atomic
    memory: just bomb it with lots of packets. It should recover, eventually

    --
    The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
    GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+