    SubjectRe: Adaptec AIC7XXX v 6.0.6 BETA Released
    >> I figured as much.  I will test for the #define, stash it in a #define
    >> unique within my namespace, and #define it back in hosts.c should my
    >> local define exist.
    >
    >If that driver hits a tree I maintain be aware that the first thing I will do
    >is rip that out and rename the 'current' variables in it 8)

    The only reason "namespace restoration" is an issue at all is due to the
    poor design of hosts.c in 2.2.X kernels. A better solution would be to
    bring in the build hooks from 2.4 so modules and compiled in drivers are
    handled the same way - a way that lets drivers do what they want with
    their namespace without touching that of any other portion of the kernel.

    --
    Justin