SubjectRe: [RFC] Configuring synchronous interfaces in Linux
On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:01:24AM +0100, Francois romieu wrote:

> Questions:
> - Is there any existing _standard_ interface to do that??

> I'm interested in implementing this, but I don't want to reinvent the
> wheel (if such wheel exists ...).

Actually; Ethernet badly needs something like this too. I would kill
to be able to do something like:

ifconfig eth0 speed 100 duplex full

o across different networks cards -- I've been thinking about it of
late as I had to battle with this earlier this week; depending on
what network card you use, you need different magic incarnations to
do the above.

A standard interface is really needed; unless anyone objects I may
look at drafting something up -- but it will require some input if it
is not to look completely Ethernet centric.