    SubjectRe: [RFC] Configuring synchronous interfaces in Linux
    On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:01:24AM +0100, Francois romieu wrote:

    > Questions:
    > - Is there any existing _standard_ interface to do that??

    > I'm interested in implementing this, but I don't want to reinvent the
    > wheel (if such wheel exists ...).

    Actually; Ethernet badly needs something like this too. I would kill
    to be able to do something like:

    ifconfig eth0 speed 100 duplex full

    o across different networks cards -- I've been thinking about it of
    late as I had to battle with this earlier this week; depending on
    what network card you use, you need different magic incarnations to
    do the above.

    A standard interface is really needed; unless anyone objects I may
    look at drafting something up -- but it will require some input if it
    is not to look completely Ethernet centric.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:49    [W:0.035 / U:1.124 seconds]