    SubjectRe: Oops in 2.2.18 with pppd dial in server
    On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 12:46:18PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > I was able to reproduce this oops with a somewhat more reliable ksymoops (I was ready for this nasty bug this time). Looks like the problem is in the sockets
    > > code.
    >
    > The traces so far all match one description , this one included. Its the
    > 'something scribbled a while ago and I just walked the list and found it'
    >
    > Is your ppp module getting loaded/unloaded a lot. Im wondering if we have

    Humm. The kernel ppp module is not getting unloaded. I am using both the
    pppd 2.3.11 and pppd-mppe 2.3.10 versions (pppd-mppe has CHAP-80 and MPPE
    patched into the code). The user space module does load and unload a lot
    due to all the testing we are doing.

    I took the CWorthy ncurses interface I wrote for the NWFS tools, and am
    using it to write a pppconfig utility that handles modem setup, inittab,
    mgetty, options.ttyX, etc. so setting up a dial-in server will be as
    easy with IPX and IP as it is in NT.

    I have also noticed that pppd is not "kicking" modprobe -v the way it
    probably should, and the ppp kernel modules have to be loaded and
    configured manually.

    Jeff

    > a module related race. That would explain why folks running large ppp dialin
    > servers simply dont see any problems
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.021 / U:91.196 seconds]