    SubjectLinux 2.2.18pre21
    Ok so the PS/2 bug is real and the megaraid mystery continues

    Anything which isnt a strict bug fix or previously agreed is now 2.2.19
    material.

    Alan

    2.2.18pre21
    o Environment controller update for sparc (Eric Brower)
    o No italian translation for config.help (Andrea Ferraris)
    o Fix type error in buz driver (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Resnchronize Apple PowerMac codebase (Paul Mackerras & co)
    o Merge powermac tree fixes into usb
    o Powermac input device handling changes
    o Fix console switch fonts
    o S/390 merge (IBM S/390 folks)
    (Merge grunt work done by Kurt Roeckx)
    o Make knfsd TCP an option (me)
    o Drop cisco info packets (0x2000) (Ivan Passos)
    o Add belkin USB serial cable (William Greathouse)

    2.2.18pre20
    o Fix ide-probe SMP build error (Ian Morgan)
    o Fix appletalk physical layer ioctl handling (Andi Kleen)
    o Sparc update (Dave Miller)
    o Update Stephen Tweedie's contact info (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Fix typo in esp and scsi_obsolete code (Dave Miller)
    o Bonding ioctl check fix (Willy Tarreau)
    o Fix ipv6 procfs bug (Al Viro)
    o Report PIV in proc as family 15 and uname as (me)
    model 6 as discussed
    o Redo Intel cache decodes as code not tables (me)
    and add new ones (based on updates by
    Asit Mallick & Andrew Ip)
    o Fix CMOS locking in machine_power_off paths (me)
    o Create build tree symlinks only if insmod is
    new enough not to be confused by it (Keith Owens)
    o Fix cmsg handling (Philippe Troin)
    o Tiny xpds driver changes (Dan Hollis)
    o Fix vmalloc sign bug (Ben LaHaise)
    o SMBFS fixes/changes for find_next problems and (Urban Widmark)
    to avoid truncate bug in netapps
    o Fix ntfs translation bug (Anton Altaparmakov)
    o Fix sparc problem with some soundcards and the (Jeff Garzik)
    _IOC magic
    o Update ppa driver to v2.05 (Tim Waugh)

    2.2.18pre19
    o Fix transproxy socket lookup (Val Henson)
    o Add ICS1893 PHY to the SiS900 driver (Lei-Chun Chang)
    o Fix documentation error in matroxfb (Vsevolod Sipakov)
    o Update IDE floppy maintainer (Paul Bristow)
    o Fix remaining cmos locking (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Fix sparc bitfield/compiler bits on sound (Dave Miller)
    o Update Pegasus USB driver (Petko Manolov)
    o Networking updates - move divert header (Andi Kleen)
    o Add ETH_P_ATM* defines (Matti Aarnio)
    o Fix one more missing GFP_KERNEL/sk->allocation (Dave Miller)
    o Fix ISDN multilink handler bug (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Fix ymfpci unload cases (Kai Germaschewski)

    2.2.18pre18
    o Fix off by one in net/ipv4/proc (Dave Miller)
    o Move the fpu emu patch that got away (Dave Miller)
    o K6 update for MTRR ability (Dave Jones)
    o Fix raid1/vm deadlock (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix usb mouse userspace memory accesses (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix xpdsl if compiled in (typo) (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Rio fixes for modem handling. Fix a small (Patrick van de Lageweg)
    generic serial bug
    o IBMtr driver fixes for cable pulls, pcmcia (Burt Silverman,
    behaviour etc Mike Sullivan)
    o Tidy up /dev/microcode messages (Daniel Roesen)
    o Add arpfilter (Andi Kleen)
    o IDE floppy updates for clik support, cleanups (Paul Bristow)
    o Fix irongate handling on Alpha (Soohoon Lee)
    o Fix HZ=100 assumption in aha152x.c (me)
    o Fix power management handling in i810 audio (me)
    (From an ALSA fix by Godmar Back)
    o Put the NFS block default back to 4K (Trond Myklebust)
    o Fix misleading comment in printk code (Riley Williams)
    o Fix fbcon scroll back/paste bug (Herbert Xu)
    o Fix rtc_lock for ide-probe, and hd.c (Richard Johnson)
    o Backport of 2.4 PR_GET/SET_KEEPCAPS (Brian Brunswick)
    (from Chris Evans 2.4 code)
    o LRU list corruption fix (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Initial gcc 2.96+ support for kernel building (H J Lu)
    | Not a recommended compiler for production kernels...
    o ALI silence clearing fix (Ching-Ling Lee)
    o Fix remaining old-style use of copy_strings (Solar Designer)
    o Better pci_resource_start macro for 2.2 (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix nbd deadlock (Marcelo Tosatti)

    2.2.18pre17
    o Move a few escaped m68k headers into the right (me)
    directory
    o Backport 2.4 AF_UNIX garbage collect speedups (Dave Miller)
    o TCP fixes for NFS (Saadia Khan)
    o Fix USB audio hangs (David Woodhouse)
    o Sparc64 dcache and exec fixes (Dave Miller)
    o Fix typing crap in divert.h (Jeff Garzik)
    o Use pkt_type in diverter, add maintainer info (Dave Miller)
    o Fix obscure NAT problem in FIB code (Dave Miller)
    o Fix sk->allocation in TCP sendmsg (Marcelo Tossati)
    o Elevator fixes (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Allow broken_suid on NFS root (Trond Myklebust)
    o Fix net/ipv6/proc off by one bug (Dave Miller)
    o Fix AGP oops on Alpha (Michal Jaegermann)
    o MSR/CPUID init call fixes (Arjan van de Ven)
    o CS4281 sound hang fixes (Thomas Woller)
    o AX.25 comment updates, Joerg has moved email (Joerg Reuter)

    2.2.18pre16
    o Finally get the m68k tree merged (Andrew McPherson
    and a cast of many)
    o Bring the sparc back in line, make it build (Anton Blanchard)
    o USB Bluetooth fixes/docs (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix auth_null credentials bug (Hai-Pao Fan)
    o Update cpu flag names (Dave Jones)
    o Console 'quiet' boot option as in 2.4 (Rusty Russell)
    o Make the sx serial driver work again (Patrick van de Lageweg)
    o Fix negotation on the SYM53C1010 (Gerard Roudier)
    o Fix alpha loops per jiffy (Jay Estabrook)
    o Fix pegasus to work with 2.2 kernels (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update plusb driver for 2.2.x (Eric Ayers,
    Deti Fliegl)
    o Fix ohci to use __init (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o /sbin/hotplug support for USB as in 2.4 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update ksymoops url (Keith Owens)
    o Update the changes doc about gcc (Petri Kaukasoina)
    o Fix AMD flag naming (Ulrich Windl)
    o Restore old block size on devices after a
    partition scan (needed for powermac for one) (Michael Schmitz)
    o Fix GPL naming in SubmittingDrivers (Mike Harris)
    o NFSv3 server patches merge (Dave Higgen)
    o CS46xx changes (Nils Faerber)
    o Fix sys_nanosleep for >4GHz CPU changes (me)
    (Spotted by Ben Herrenschmidt)
    o Fix pas rev D mixer (??)
    o Fix multiple spelling errors (André Dahlqvist)
    o ISDN updates (Kai Germaschewski)
    o XSpeed DSL driver (Timothy Lee,
    Dan Hollis)
    o IDE multi-lun/single-lun handling (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix alpha generic trident sound support (Rich Payne)
    o Fix PPC for loops per jiffy (Cort Dougan)

    2.2.18pre15
    o Default msdos behaviour to old (small) letters (me)
    | An option 'big' goes with 'small'
    o Fix define collision in cpqfc (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix case where scripts/kwhich isnt executable (me)
    o Alpha FPU divide fix (Richard Henderson)
    o Add ADMtek985 to the tulip list (J Katz)
    o Lose excess ymfpci debugging (Rob Landley)
    o Fix i2c bus id clash (Russell King)
    o Update the ARM vidc driver (Russell King)
    o Update the ARM am79c961a driver (Russell King)
    o Fix parport_pc build with no PCI (Russell King)
    o Fix ARM memzero (Russell King)
    o Update ARM for __init and __setup (Russell King)
    o Update ARM to loops_per_jiffy (Russell King)
    o Remove arm ecard debug messages (Russell King)
    o Fix ARM makefiles (Russell King)
    o Fix iph5526 driver to use mdelay (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix epca, dtlk, aha152x loops_per_sec bits (Philipp Rumpf)
    o Fix smp tlb invalidate and bogomip printing (Philipp Rumpf)
    o Fix NLS warnings (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix wavfront conversion to loops_per_jiffies (me)
    o Fix an audio problem and a sanyo changer (Jens Axboe)
    problem
    o Fix include bug with divert (me)
    | Alternate fix to Willy Tarreau's
    o Fix Alpha for loops_per_jiffy (Willy Tarreau)

    2.2.18pre14
    o Reorder attributes in drm to work with gcc272 (me)
    o GNU cross compilers are foo-bar-gcc (Russell King)
    o Add extra strange pcnet32 ident (Willy Tarreau)
    o Since no vendor can get which right.. use a (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
    shell script instead
    | Please nobody tell me this fails in some bash version!
    o Should be using bash not bash2 (escaped debug) (Petri Kaukasoina)
    o spin_unlock_irq wrong debug mode printk (Willy Tarreau)
    o Fix pcxx for the loops changes (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix ov511/via-rhine name clash (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix bridge compile with loops_per_sec change (Mitch Adair)
    o 8139too driver added (Jeff Garzik)

    2.2.18pre13
    o Change udelay to use loops_per tick (Philipp Rumpf)
    | Otherwise we bomb out at 2GHz which isnt far enough
    | away with 1.4/1.6GHz stuff due out RSN
    o Fix drivers using big delays to use mdelay (me)
    o Fix drivers that used loops_per_sec (Philipp Rumpf, me)
    o Fix yamaha PCI sound SMP bug (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Change to preferred USB init fix (David Rees)
    o Fix rio fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Catch the VT but no mouse case in init/main.c (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix the 'which' compiler stuff (Horst von Brand,
    Peter Samuelson)
    | Can someone verify for me this works on Slackware and
    | on Caldera ?
    o Add devfs include. Devfs wont be going into 2.2 (Richard Gooch)
    but this again makes it easier to do 2.2/2.4
    drivers.

    2.2.18pre12
    o Fix cyrix MTRR handling bug (IIZUKA Daisuke)
    o Fix ymfpci poll (me, Arjan)
    o Update radio-maestro, add Configure.help (Adam Tla/lka>
    o Fix rio/generic serial build bug (Marcelo Tossati)
    o USB build bug fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix missing ac97_codec.c return value (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix several warnings (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Made the PS/2 reconnect behaviour optional (me)
    | Its now 'psaux-reconnect' on the boot line
    o Allow for newer Hauppauge with 4 ports (Krischan Jodies)
    o Switch sound drivers from library to object (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Kill the not working ac97 lock on the 810 (me)
    o Automatically select older compilers for kernel
    builds on Debian and RH (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Start volumes higher on ac97, teach the driver (Rui Sousa)
    about 5bit and 6bit codec precision and use
    the mute bit.

    2.2.18pre11
    o Kill bogus codec_id assignment (Linus Torvalds)
    o Update codec init code to handle id right (me)
    o Fix dead/clashing define for NFS (Trond Myklebust)
    o Remove the find_vga crap from bttv (me)
    o Fix return on probe failure for cadet (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Add missing configure.help stuff from 2.4test (Alan Ford)
    o Fix inia100/megaraid define clash (Arjan van de Ven)
    o __xchg marked as taking volatiles (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix vwsnd warning in sound core (Arjan van de Ven)
    o wdt_pci driver should return -EIO on error (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix init_adfs_fs warning (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix the joystick driver option parsing (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Update mkdep to handle // commenting (Mike Klar)
    o Thunderlan driver typo fixes (Torben Mathiasen)
    o Add KX133/KT133 stuff to the AGP/DRM (Jeff Nguyen)
    o FIx multiple card bug in eepro driver (Aristeu Filho)
    o Initial YMF PCI native driver (Pete Zaitcev)
    | Based on Jaroslav's ALSA driver and I've tweaked it
    | a bit and maybe broken it 8)
    o Fix procfs unlink bugs (Willy Tarreau)
    o X.25 bugfix backport (Henner Eisen)
    o Fix incorrect free_dma on DMAless boxes (Boria)
    o Fix via audio driver merge (Nick Lamb)
    o Update plusb driver to 2.4 one (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Put description info in wacom driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update both UHCI drivers to match 2.4test (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Masquerade cleanup/warning fixes (Horst von Brand)

    2.2.18pre10
    o Add printk level to partition printk messages (me)
    o Fix bluesmoke address report/serialize (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Add 2.4pre CPUID/MSR docs to 2.2.18pre (Adrian Bunk)
    o Update to the 2.4pre via audio driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix small SMP race in set_current_state (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Fix __KERNEL__ checks in sparc headers (Dave Miller)
    o Fix ADFS root directory bug added in pre9 (Russell King)
    o Trap incorrect swap partition sizes (Andries Brouwer)
    o Fix nfsroot bootp/dhcp on sparc64 (Dave Miller)
    o Tidy up tcp opt parsing (Dave Miller)
    o Check range on port range sysctl (Dave Miller)
    o Back out erroneous i2c.h change (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix trident hangs due to over zealous addition (Eric Brombaugh)
    of midi support
    o Fix big endian/macro bug in ext2fs (Andi Kleen)
    o Bring dabusb driver into line with 2.4 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Bring event drivers into line with 2.4 (Franz Sirl,
    Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix usb help texts (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Generic frame diverter (Benoit Locher)
    o Bring USB serial back into line with 2.4 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix DVD driver rpc state bug (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix extra sunrpc printk (Tim Mann)
    o USB init tidy up (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Allow PlanB video on generic PPC (Michel Lanners)
    o Doc fixes/trim cvs logs on isdn drivers (Kai Germaschewski)
    o USB hid, hub, ibmcam, dsbr100 devices updates (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Return EAFNOSUPPORT for out of range families
    o Fix SMP locking on floppy driver (Jonathan Corbet)
    o Add module author info to acm.c (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update CREDITS to reflect all the USB guys (Greg Kroah-Hartman)

    o ipfw wrong allocation flag fix (Rusty Russell)
    o Implement Sun style lockf/nfs cache barriers (Trond Myklebust)
    o Updated ISI serial driver (Multitech)
    | You may well need their newer firmware set/loader for the
    | later cards too

    2.2.18pre9
    o Fix usb module load oops (Thomas Sailer)
    o Bring USB boot drivers in line with 2.4t8 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o And USB print drivers (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o And USB Rio driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o And USB dc2xx driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o And USB mdc800 driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o NFSv3 support and NFS updates (Trond Myklebust and co)
    o Compaq 64bit/66Mhz PCI Fibrechannel driver (Amy Vanzant-Hodge)
    o Disable microtouch driver (doesnt work in 2.2 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    currently)
    o Update ADFS support (Russell King)
    o Update ARM arch specific code and includes (Russell King)
    o Update ARM specific drivers (Russell King)
    o Use both fast and slow A20 gating on boot (Kira Brown)
    | if your box doesnt boot I want to know about it...
    | Needed for stuff like the AMD Elan

    2.2.18pre8
    o Fix mtrr compile bug (Peter Blomgren)
    o Alpha PCI boot up fix (Michal Jaegermann)
    o Fix vt/keyboard dependancy in USB config (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix sound hangs on cs4281 (Tom Woller)
    o Fix Alpha vmlinuz.lds (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Fix CDROMPLAYTRKIND bug, allow root to open (Jens Axboe)
    the cd door whenver.
    o Update ov511 to match 2.4 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Further devio.c fix (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Update NR_TASKS comment (Jarkko Kovala)
    o Further sparc64 ioctl translator fixes (Andi Kleen)

    2.2.18pre7
    o Fix the AGP compile in bug (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Revert old incorrect syncppp state change (Ivan Passos)
    o Fix i810 rng to actually get built in (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Megaraid compile fix, joystick, mkiss fixes (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Kawasaki USB ethernet depends on net (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Compaq cpqarray update (Charles White)
    o Fix usb problem with no USB unit found (Oleg Drokin)
    o Driver for the radio on some maestro cards (Adam Tlalka)
    o Additional shared map support needed for sparc64(Dave Miller)
    o Fix wdt_pci when compiled in (me, Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix usb missing symbol when non modular (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Identify chip and also handle MTRR for the (me)
    Cyrix III
    o Allow binding to all ports multicast (Andi Kleen)
    o Bring USB docs up to date (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Bring USB devio up to date (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o pci_resource_len null function for non PCI case (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix synchronous write off end of disk bug (Jari Ruusu)

    2.2.18pre6
    o Fix the IDE PCI not compiling bug (Dag Wieers)
    o Kill an escaped reference to vger.rutgers (Dave Miller)
    o Small rtl8139 fixups (Jeff Garzik)
    o Add USB bluetooth driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix oops in visor driver (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Remove some unneeded ext2 includes,fix a bug (Andreas Dilger)
    in the UFS code
    o Fix rtc race between timer and rtc irq (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Fix slow gettimeofday SMP race (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Check lost_ticks in settimeofday to be more (Andrea Arcangeli)
    precise

    2.2.18pre5
    o Added older VIA ide chipsets to the not to be (me)
    autotuned list
    o Fix crash on boot problem with __setup stuff (me)
    o Small acenic fix (Matt Domsch)
    o Fix hfc_pci isdn driver (Jens David)
    o Fix smbfs configuration problem (Urban Widmark)
    o Emu10K wrapper/build fixes (Rui Sousa)
    o Small cleanups (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix sparc32 build bug (Horst von Brand)
    o Fix quota oops (Martin Diehl)
    o Add i810 random number driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Clear suid bits on ext2 truncate as per SuS (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix illegal use of section attributes (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Documentation for nmi watchdog (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix uninitialised variable warnings (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Save DR6 condition into the TSS (Ryan Wallach)
    o Add additional __init's to the kernel (Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz)
    o Backport 2.4 wdt_pci driver (JP Nollman, me)
    o AGP i810 fixes (Chip Salzenberg)
    o UDMA support for ALI1543 & 1543C IDE devices (ALI)
    o 2.4 MSR/CPUID driver backport (Dave Jones,
    H Peter Anvin)
    o Fix incorrect use of kernel v user ptr in NCPfs (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Updated scsi tape driver (Kai Makisara)

    2.2.18pre4
    o Remove the aacraid driver again, having looked (me)
    at what is needed to make it acceptable and
    debug it - Im dumping it back on Adaptec
    o DAC960 update (Leonard Zubkoff)
    o Add setup vmlinuz.lds changes for Sparc (Arjan van den Ven)
    o Sparc updates for drm, ioctl and other (Dave Miller)
    o Megaraid driver update (Peter Jarrett)
    o Add cd volume 0 to the amp power off on the
    crystal cs46xx (Bill Nottingham)
    o Fix IPV6 fragment and kfree bugs (Alexey Kuznetsov)
    o Fix emu10k build bug (me)
    o Emu10K driver upgrade. Adds emu-aps support (Rui Sousa)
    o Updated IBM serveraid driver to 4.20 (IBM)
    o Ext2 block handling cleanup from 2.4 (Al Viro)
    o Make the ATI128 driver modular (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix megaraid build bug with gcc 2.7.2 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix some of the dquot races (Jan Kara)
    o x86 setup code cleanup (Dave Jones)
    o Implement 2.4 compatible __setup and __initcall (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Tidy up smp_call_function stuff (Keitaro Yosimura)
    o Remove 2.4 compat glue from cs4281 driver (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix minor bugs in bluesmoke now someone actually
    has a faulty CPU and logs (me)
    o Fix definition of IPV6_TLV_ROUTERALERT (Dave Miller)
    o Fix in6_addr, ip_decrease_ttl, other (Dave Miller)
    minor bits
    o cp932 fixes (Kazuki Yasumatsu)
    o Updated gdth driver (Andreas Koepf)
    o Acenic update (Jes Sorensen)
    o Update USB serial drivers (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Move pci_resource_len into pci compat (Marcelo Tosatti)

    2.2.18pre3 (versus 2.2.17pre20)
    o Clean up most of the compatibility macros (me)
    that various people use. I've systematically
    moved the 100% correct ones to the headers
    used in 2.4
    o Fix newly introduced bug in kmem_cache_shrink (Daniel Roesen)
    o Further updates to symbios drivers (Gerhard Roudier)
    o Remove emu10K warning and mtrr warning (Daniel Roesen)
    o Fix symbol clash between cs4281 and esssolo1 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix acenic non modular/module build issues (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix bug in alpha csum_partial_copy that could (Herbert Xu)
    cause spurious EFAULTs
    o Yet another eepro100 variant sighted (Torben Mathiasen)
    o Minor microcode.c final tweak (Daniel Roesen)
    o Document that ATIFB is now modular (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Parport update (Tim Waugh)
    o First set of ext2 updates/fixes (Al Viro)
    o Bring smbfs back into line with 2.2 (Urban Widmark)
    | This should make OS/2 work again
    o Fix S/390 _stext (still doesnt build dasd) (Kurt Roeckx)
    o Remove unused vars in arch/i386/kernel/bios32.c (Daniel Roesen)
    o Update the DHCP initrd support (Chip Salzenberg)
    o Allow opening empty scsi removables like IDE
    with O_NONBLOCK (needed for some ioctls) (Chip Salzenberg)
    o Back out vibra mixer change
    o Fix error returns in sbni driver (Dawson Engler)
    o Initial merge of the aacraid driver (Adaptec)
    | Much deuglification left to be done here
    o Report megaraid: on obscure megaraid error (Daniel Deimert)
    strings
    o Add another CS4299 id string (Mulder Tjeerd)

    2.2.18pre2 (versus 2.2.17pre20)

    o Fix the compile problems with microcode.c (Dave Jones,
    Daniel Roesen)
    o GDTH driver update (Achim Leubner)
    o Fix mathsemu miuse of casting with asm (??)
    o Make msnd_pinnacle driver build on Alpha
    o Acenic 0.45 fixes (Chip Salzenberg)
    o Compaq CISS driver (SA 5300) (Charles White,
    + cleanups me)
    + gcc 2.95 fixup
    o Modularise pm2fb and atyfb
    o Upgrade AMI Megaraid driver to 1.09 (AMI)
    o Add DEC HSG80 and COMPAQ 'logical volume' to
    scsi multilun list
    o SK PCI FDDI driver support (Schneider & Koch)
    o Linux 2.2 USB backport (Vojtech Pavlik)
    backport 3 + further fixes from the USB list
    + mm/slab.c fix for cache destroy
    o AGP driver backport (XFree86, Precision
    DRM driver backport Insight, XiG, HJ Lu,
    VA Linux,
    and others)

    2.2.18pre1 (versus 2.2.17pre20)

    o Update symbios/ncr driver to 1.7.0/3.4.0 (Gerhard Roudier)
    o Updated ATP870U driver (ACard)
    o Avoid running tq_scheduler stuff sometimes with (Andrea Arcangeli)
    interrupts off
    o Futher cpu setup updates (me)
    o IBM MCA scsi driver updates (Michael Lang)
    o Fix incorrect out of memory handling in bttv (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix incorrect out of memory handling in buz (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix incorrect out of memory handling in qpmouse (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in ipddp (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in sdla (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in softoss (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in ixj (Dawson Engler)
    o Fix error handling memory leak in ax25 (Dawson Engler)
    o Merge the microcode driver from 2.4 into 2.2 (Tigran Aivazian)
    o Fix skbuff handling bug in the smc9194 driver (Arnaldo Melo)
    o Make vfat use the same generation rules as (H. Kawaguchi,
    in windows 9x Chip Salzenberg)
    o Fix oops in the CPQ array driver (Arnaldo Melo)
    o Fix ac97 codec not setting the id field (Bill Nottingham)
    o Further work on the cs46xx/CD power bits (me)
    o Synclink updates (Paul Fulgham)
    o Synclink init bug fix (Arnaldo Melo)
    o Handle odd interrupts from toshiba floppies (Alain Knaff)
    o Fix trident driver build on nautilus Alpha (Peter Petrakis)
    o Add later sb16 imix support tot he sb driver (Massimo Dal Zotto)
    o Ignore luns that report can be connected, but (Matt Domsch)
    not currently
    o Fix dereference after kfree in uart401.c (Dawson Engler)
    o Return correct SuS error code for an unknown (Herbert Xu)
    socket family
    o Add sub window clipping to the bttv driver (Thomas Jacob)
    o Fix nfs cache locked messages (Trond Myklebust)
    o Fix the modutils misdocumentation (Martin Douda)
    o Remove bogus biosparm code from seagate.c (Andries Brouwer)
    o Return correct error code on failed fasync set (Chip Salzenberg)
    o Handle dcc resume with newer irc clients when (Scottie Shore)
    doing an irq masq

    --
    Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
    Red Hat Kernel Hacker