    Subjectaccessing on-card ram/rom
    Hi All,

    I have a PCI card which has on-card ram/rom which gets mapped
    into pci address space and there is a separate base register
    for this memory. Now the question is : can I access this on-card
    memory by converting the pci base address into the virtual address
    using bus_to_virt and adding the required offset ? Or do I need
    to use ioremap function to map the physical address space starting
    from the pci base address into the kernel virtual address space ?
    Or is there any other interface to access the on-card memory ?
    Is it that bus_to_virt can be used only for the normal RAM ?

    I tried using bus_to_virt to get the virtual address and then access
    it and the kernel panics.

    Please copy me on your replies as I am not on the list.

    Thanks and regards,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.019 / U:11.320 seconds]