    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4 Status / TODO page (Updated as of 2.4.0-test10)
    From
       Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 18:32:31 -0800
    From: David Ford <david@linux.com>

    I reported pcmcia in all forms was broken for test8 on -my hardware-.

    Other kernels such as test10-prex that I'm on now are workable with dhinds
    pcmcia. I sent you all the requested information you asked for in several
    forms. The kernel's idea of the the sockets just doesn't work...again, on
    -my hardware-.

    It doesn't matter what voodoo you practice, all of the kernels in the last
    year have been unable to drive -my hardware- in any sort of stable fashion.
    Recent kernels just can't figure out IRQs for the sockets.

    Ok, I've refined the PCMCIA comments in the buglist to be more specific.
    It wasn't clear that anyone besides David Hinds was working on
    stablizing the 2.4 kernel PCMCIA code, and Linus had already said that
    he didn't consider it a show-stopper, and that he recommended people use
    David's external PCMCIA/Cardbus package anyway. So I assumed things had
    continued to be in a completely broken state, and hadn't bothered to do
    more digging into what was going on there.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.046 / U:151.016 seconds]