    SubjectRe: Poor TCP Performance 2.4.0-10 <-> Win98 SE PPP
    Andi Kleen wrote:
    > On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 11:16:21PM -0800, Jordan Mendelson wrote:
    > > > It is clear though, that something is messing with or corrupting the
    > > > packets. One thing you might try is turning off TCP header
    > > > compression for the PPP link, does this make a difference?
    > >
    > > Actually, there has been several reports that turning header compression
    > > does help.
    > What does help ? Turning it on or turning it off ?

    We had a good number of reports that turning PPP header compression off
    helped. The windows 98 connection I was testing with it did have header
    compression turned on. Unfortunatly, I can't just ask the entire windows
    world to turn off header compression in order to use our software. :)

    I believe we've reverted all of our machines to 2.2, so testing this any
    further is going to be a problem.