SubjectRe: Persistent module storage - modutils design
Date
On Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:30:39 -0300,
Horst von Brand <vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
>> Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au> said:
>> > I have not decided where to save the persistent module parameters. It
>> > could be under /lib/modules/<version>/persist or it could be under
>> > /var/log or /var/run. I am tending towards /var/run/module_persist, in
>> > any case it will be a modules.conf parameter.
>
>Note! This _has_ to be in the / filesystem so it works before mounting the
>rest of the stuff (if ever). This would rule out /var, and leave just
>/lib/modules/<version>. Makes me quite unhappy...

Modules are loaded before non-root file systems are mounted, damn!
Looks like persistent data has to be stored in /lib/modules/persist (no
<version>, see earlier mail). If somebody wants both a read only /lib
and persistent data then /lib/modules/persist must be a symlink and
they must mount the target file system before loading modules with
persistent data.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.171 / U:0.056 seconds]