    SubjectRe: How to study linux kernel?

    Su Hwan Hwang wrote:

    > I'm interested in linux-kernel but I'm beginner.
    >
    > So I don't know how to study linux-kernel.

    1. Go to www.linuxdoc.org and read the HOWTOs on the Linux kernel.
    2. Buy a coffee maker and 3000 lbs. of coffee beans. You will also
    need a coffee grinder to grind the beans so you can stay awake around
    the clock reviewing code.
    3. Grow a very thick skin and expect "baptism by fire" when asking any
    question on this list.
    4. Be very nice to Alan Cox. He will answer questions and if you are
    really wanting to help out.
    5. Buy a copy of "Unix - a practical implementation" and read it.
    6. "Linux Kernel Internals" is another great book, get it -- the basics
    are there.
    7. Grow a ponytail -- view it as your telepathic antenna to other Linux
    Kernel Developers.

    :-)

    Jeff