    SubjectRe: [BUG REPORT] TCP/IP weirdness in 2.2.15

    Hi Stephen

    >Let me see if I understand this correct:
    > Client Router Server
    > ------------------------------------
    > Linux Linux HPUX Bad
    > WinNT Linux HPUX Good
    > HPUX Linux HPUX Good
    >With all Linux boxes version 2.2.something
    >Is this correct?

    Yes, this is right.

    >This is slightly different from my situation; I had a Linux client and
    >Linux server directly connected to the same switch (3Com Superstack
    >II, FWIW)

    This is probably a configuration I'm going to try as well: put the cvs
    server on a linux box and have it communicate to different clients.
    However, the configuration I have now simply suggests that there cannot be
    a problem on the IP level as the Linux box as router is working as expected.

    >Perhaps if I get time I'll repeat the experiment with (a) the most
    >recent Alan pre-2.2 kernel and (b) the most recent 2.4-test kernel...
    >I'll re-iterate my original request, which was not "it's broke - can
    >you fix it" but was "okay, how do I go about tracking this one down?"

    At this stage, I am uncertain of the cause of the problem. I am pretty much
    sure that the card, drivers and the IP level should work as expected. It is
    lilkely that there could be a problem with CVS which gets caught in a kind
    of deadlock - however, observing the TCP-packet communication and the
    system calls done by both CVS client and server shows always the same
    result (I put a printf before and after the read/recv call in the client):
    - The clilent is stuck in the read system call on the socket for
    reads and waits forever
    - The server gets EWOULDBLOCK notifications when writing to the
    socket and eventually goes
    to sleep
    - The last packages sent by the server will be resent roughly
    every 30-60 seconds.
    The client either responds no packages accepted or the last
    packages are accepted by the
    client but the system call still blocks.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.023 / U:85.132 seconds]