    SubjectRe: Universal debug macros.
    Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

    > > > this completely not possible to do in regard of the end-users eyes.
    > > >

    > > Why not?
    >
    > slow !! end-user want to install a distribution fast !!!
    >
    > it need a lot to be friendly the compilation (ie: we cannot do only
    > launch of make xconfig, not everyone now which options to select),
    > what we can do is a detection of the module and recompile a kernel
    > with the detected module for recompilation but there is too much error
    > case that could not be handle.

    It's not that slow compared to a whole distro install, although you would
    of course want to do it *optionally*. You wouldn't want to get into
    every single option, of course, but I thought that was obvious
    (apparently not.) The drivers and stuff is the least of the problem --
    there, you can use modules anyway.

    -hpa

    http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt