    SubjectRe: Universal debug macros.

    On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Rogier Wolff wrote:

    > Now, how is say "Red Hat" (*) going to ship kernels? Of course they are
    > going to turn off debugging. Then I'll be stuck with a non-recompiling
    > user-in-trouble with a non-debugging-enabled kernel.

    Red Hat will ship two kernels. Well, they actually ship now about 4 ones
    or something. So they will ship 8.

    Plus they will ship a script that recompiles kernel without user crawling
    in documentation.
    It should be an option in linuxconf: recompile local kernel:
    debug-nodebug-optimized-localized-nonmodular-server-router-workstation
    which compiles and installs 2 hardware/situation optimized/configured
    kernels: debug and production.
    I am sure company like redhat can ship a little new linuxconf module.

    Don't worry, people can make good use of multiple options.
    If you provide orthogonal tools they will provide orthogonal solutions.

    elmer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.025 / U:3.320 seconds]