    SubjectRe: {PATCH} isofs stuff

    On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

    > Yup, indeed it solves the dir/namei problem.

    Can you check whether the single patch of _just_ removing the extra "f_pos
    >= i_size" test in do_isofs_readdir() fixes it? The other changes of
    Andries patch look like they should not affect code generation at all, but
    I'd still like to verify that it's only that part. If so, it definitely
    looks like a gcc-2.95.2 code generation bug - that single if() statement
    does not actually matter for the end result, it's just a (misguided)
    early-out optimization.

    [ Btw, looking at the generated assembly is quite painful. Ugh. It reminds
    me again why "long long" is to be avoided with gcc. Getting rid of the
    extra test actually improves and speeds up that function probably
    simply because the 64-bit arithmetic just cofuses gcc so badly. ]

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.022 / U:58.684 seconds]