    SubjectRe: hardcoded HZ in hub.c
    Date

    andrewm@uow.edu.au said:
    > Ah. No, I don't think it would be polite to cause TTY hangup
    > processing to be deferred for this long. I'd suggest that the policy
    > be "scheduled tasks can't sleep". I guess kmalloc(GFP_KERNEL) is
    > acceptable because the system is already running like a dog if this
    > sleeps.

    Oi! I specifically added that so I could queue tasks which can sleep.

    Put a time limit on it if you must, but not one which prohibits the
    existing usage by the PCMCIA socket drivers.

    I'm beginning to think that I should have argued with Linus¹ when he told
    me to make it a generic thing rather than calling it pcmcia_queue_task()

    ¹ "Blasphemy! He said it again!"

    --
    dwmw2