    SubjectRe: BTTV detection broken in 2.4.0-test11-pre5
    On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Keith Owens wrote:

    > On 19 Nov 2000 12:56:17 GMT,
    > kraxel@bytesex.org (Gerd Knorr) wrote:
    > >Some generic way to make module args available as kernel args too
    > >would be nice. Or at least some simple one-liner I could put next to
    > >the MODULE_PARM() macro...
    >
    > On my list for 2.5. If foo is declared as MODULE_PARM in object bar
    > then you will be able to boot with bar.foo=27 or even foo=27 as long as
    > variable foo is unique amongst all objects in the kernel.

    Cool. Any plans how to handle drivers which are build from multiple
    object files like bttv? Think "bar" needs to be configurable handle this
    nicely. bttv should have bttv.card=xxx because the module is called
    "bttv", but the source file where the card insmod option is declared is
    bttv-cards.c ...

    Gerd

    --
    Wirtschaftsinformatiker == Leute, die zwar die aktuellen Aktienkurse
    jedes Softwareherstellers kennen, aber keines der Produkte auch nur