    SubjectRe: BTTV detection broken in 2.4.0-test11-pre5
    On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:03:52 +0100 (CET),
    Gerd Knorr <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Keith Owens wrote:
    >> On my list for 2.5. If foo is declared as MODULE_PARM in object bar
    >> then you will be able to boot with or even foo=27 as long as
    >> variable foo is unique amongst all objects in the kernel.
    >Cool. Any plans how to handle drivers which are build from multiple
    >object files like bttv? Think "bar" needs to be configurable handle this
    >nicely. bttv should have bttv.card=xxx because the module is called
    >"bttv", but the source file where the card insmod option is declared is
    >bttv-cards.c ...

    The prefix will come from the module name, not the source name, even
    when the code is built into the kernel. So in the case of bttv it will
    be, not That needs information from the
    Makefile which is currently discarded, the Makefile processing for
    multi object modules needs to be changed, which is why it is a 2.5

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.025 / U:78.236 seconds]