SubjectRe: [CFT] dmfe.c network driver update for 2.4
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Tobias Ringstrom wrote:
> >
> > I have updated the dmfe.c network driver for 2.4.0-test by adding proper
> > locking (I hope), and also made transmission much efficient.
> >
> > I would appreciate any feedback from people using this driver, to confirm
> > that I did not break it.
> >
> > It would also be great if someone could take a look at the lock handling,
> > to confirm that is is correct and sufficient.
>
> Would you mind creating a separate patch that -just- correcting the SMP
> safety? That makes it much easier to review and apply, and then we can
> consider the other changes...

Such a patch will appear shortly. I and Frank Davis are currently merging
our patches for dmfe.c.

[Actually, I just added reasonable locks while my main goal was to improve
performance. I did not realize that there was such a strong need for SMP
safety (since it has been broken in that regard for a long time, without
anyone fixing it).]

/Tobias

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.075 / U:0.360 seconds]