    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4 Status/TODO page (test11-pre3) wrote:

    > 6. In Progress
    > * The new hot plug PCI interface does not provide a method for
    > passing the correct device name to cardmgr (David Hinds, a an)

    is this entry missing some text?

    > 9. To Do
    > * Tulip hang on rmmod/crashes sometimes

    This is a pretty old bug that has been worked on, can we get someone to test
    a system and validate the bug?

    Here's a USB addition, could go into #10 as it's pretty annoying but not a
    show stopper.
    ++ usb-uhci and JE driver will both hang the machine on a warm boot when an
    external SIIG 4port hub is plugged in and has been used in a previous boot.
    The function call trace is usb_uhci->start_uhci->pci_write_config_word.
    Hangs on popf near end of pci_write_config_word.

    > 10. To Do But Non Showstopper
    > * PCMCIA serial cards using built-in PCMCIA code will crash if a
    > serial card is removed. (David Ford)

    Did you/someone have a patch to try and address this?

    > 11. To Check
    > + dito if the file position changes between the call to

    > Fixed
    > * Incredibly slow loopback tcp bug (believed fixed about 2.3.48)

    Note; if I set up ESD to listen on a tcp port, connecting locally sounds
    horrible. I haven't looked to see who's fault it really is.

    -- ---NOTICE

    -- fwd: fwd: fwd: type emails will be deleted automatically.
    "There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are
    virtue and talents", Thomas Jefferson [1742-1826], 3rd US President

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.021 / U:1.268 seconds]