    SubjectRe: sendmail fails to deliver mail with attachments in /var/spool/mqueue
    "Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:

    > NT and NetWare servers don't stop forwarding
    > emails when the load average gets too high -- they just work out of the
    > box, and hopefully, no so will Linux (our distribution does now since
    > this problem in fixed).

    Don't get me started on nt - saying it "just works" is a sign of
    genuine naivete - You could say nt "usually works, except for
    when it's down". Your sendmail issue with Linux was merely a
    tunable parameter, while the nt problems go much deeper, and
    nt often requires regular reboots in order to carry on.

    > Now we know that sendmail has problems on Linux based on the this load
    > average interpretation, which we would not have known if someone had
    > not raised the issue.

    It is good that you raised the issue -

    Cheers,

    jjs

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.023 / U:0.552 seconds]