SubjectRe: Linux-2.4.0-test10

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Miles Lane wrote:

> Were there no changes between test10-pre7 and test10?
> I notice you didn't send out a Changelist.
>
> The Changelists help me focus my testing.

Sorry. Here it is..

Linus
-----
- final:
- Jeff Garzik: ISA network driver cleanup, wrapper.h fixes, 8139too
update, etc
- Mike Coleman: fix TracerPid in /proc/<n>/status
- Thomas Molina: mark NAT packet drop message KERN_DEBUG
- Marcelo Tosatti: nbd should use GFP_BUFFER, not GFP_ATOMIC
- Steve Pratt: TLB flush order fix
- David Miller: network and sparc updates
- Alan Cox: various details (NULL ptr checks in SCSI etc)
- Daniel Roesen: pretty up microcode revision printouts
- Mike Coleman: fix ptrace ambiguity issues
- Paul Mackerras: make yenta work even in the absense of ISA irqs
- me: make USB Makefile do the right thing for export-objs.
- Randy Dunlap, USB: fix race conditions, usb enumeration etc.

- pre7:
- Niels Jensen: remove no-longer-needed workarounds for old gcc versions
- Ingo Molnar & Rik v Riel: VM inactive list maintenance correction
- Randy Dunlap, USB: printer.c, usb-storage, usb identification and
memory leak fixes
- David Miller: networking updates
- David Mosberger: add AT_CLKTCK to elf information. And make AT_PAGESZ work
for static binaries too.
- oops. pcmcia broke by mistake
- Me: truncate vs page access race fix.

- pre6:
- Jeremy Fitzhardinge: autofs4 expiry fix
- David Miller: sparc driver updates, networking updates
- Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer: buffer overflow in sg_proc_dressz_write
- Ingo Molnar: wakeup race fix (admittedly the window was basically
non-existent, but still..)
- Rasmus Andersen: notice that "this_slice" is no longer used for
scheduling - delete the code that calculates it.
- ALI pirq routing update. It's even uglier than we initially thought..
- Dimitrios Michailidis: fix ipip locking bugs
- Various: face it - gcc-2.7.2.3 miscompiles structure initializers.
- Paul Cassella: locking comments on dev_base
- Trond Myklebust: NFS locking atomicity. refresh inode properly.
- Andre Hedrick: Serverworks Chipset driver, IDE-tape fix
- Paul Gortmaker: kill unused code from 8390 support.
- Andrea Arcangeli: fix nfsv3d wrong truncates over 4G
- Maciej W. Rozycki: PIIX4 needs the same USB quirk handling as PIIX3.
- me: if we cannot figure out the PCI bridge windows, just "inherit"
the window from the parent. Better than not booting.
- Ching-Ling Lee: ALI 5451 Audio core support update

- pre5:
- Mikael Pettersson: more Pentium IV cleanup.
- David Miller: non-x86 platforms missed "pte_same()".
- Russell King: NFS invalidate_inode_pages() can do bad things!
- Randy Dunlap: usb-core.c is gone - module fix
- Ben LaHaise: swapcache fixups for the new atomic pte update code
- Oleg Drokin: fix nm256_audio memory region confusion
- Randy Dunlap: USB printer fixes
- David Miller: sparc updates
- David Miller: off-by-one error in /proc socket dumper
- David Miller: restore non-local bind() behaviour.
- David Miller: wakeups on socket shutdown()
- Jeff Garzik: DEPCA net drvr fixes and CodingStyle
- Jeff Garzik: netsemi net drvr fix
- Jeff Garzik & Andrea Arkangeli: keyboard cleanup
- Jeff Garzik: VIA audio update
- Andrea Arkangeli: mxcsr initialization cleanup and fix
- Gabriel Paubert: better twd_i387_to_fxsr() emulation
- Andries Brouwer: proper error return in ext2 mkdir()

- pre4:
- disable writing to /proc/xxx/mem. Sure, it works now, but it's still
a security risk.
- IDE driver update (Victroy66 SouthBridge support)
- i810 rng driver cleanup
- fix sbus Makefile
- named initializers in module..
- ppoe: remove explicit initializer - it's done with initcalls.
- x86 WP bit detection: do it cleanly with exception handling
- Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo: memory leaks in drivers/media/video
- Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz: video init functions get __init
- David Miller: get rid of net/protocols.c - they get to initialize themselves
- David Miller: get rid of dev_mc_lock - we hold dev->xmit_lock anyway.
- Geert Uytterhoeven: Zorro (Amiga) bus support update
- David Miller: work around gcc-2.7.2 bug
- Geert Uytterhoeven: mark struct consw's "const".
- Jeff Garzik: network driver cleanups, ns558 joystick driver oops fix
- Tigran Aivazian: clean up __alloc_pages(), kill_super() and
notify_change()
- Tigran Aivazian: move stuff from .data to .bss
- Jeff Garzik: divert.h typename cleanups
- James Simmons: mdacon using spinlocks
- Tigran Aivazian: fix BFS free block calculation
- David Miller: sparc32 works again
- Bernd Schmidt: fix undefined C code (set/use without a sequence point)
- Mikael Pettersson: nicer Pentium IV setup handling.
- Georg Acher: usb-uhci cpia oops fix
- Kanoj Sarcar: more node_data cleanups for [non]NUMA.
- Richard Henderson: alpha update to new vmalloc setup
- Ben LaHaise: atomic pte updates (don't lose dirty bit)
- David Brownell: ohci memory debugging (== use separate slabs for allocation)

- pre3:
- update email address of Joerg Reuter
- Andries Brouwer: spelling fixes, missing atari brelse(), breada() fix
- Geert Uytterhoeven: used named initializers for "struct console".
- Carsten Paeth: ISDN capifs - iput() only once.
- Petr Vandrovec: VFAT short name generation fix
- Jeff Garzik: i810_rng cleanup, and i815 chipset added.
- Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz: clean up some remaining old-style Makefiles
- Dave Jones: x86 setup fixes (recognize Pentium IV etc).
- x86: do the "fast A20" setup too in setup.S
- NIIBE Yutaka: update SuperH for the global page table (vmalloc) change.
- David Miller: sparc updates (vmalloc stuff still pending)
- David Miller: CodaFS warnings and 64-bit warnings in pci_size()
- David Miller: pcnet32 - correct NULL test
- David Miller: vmlist lock -> page_table_lock clarification
- Trond Myklebust: Ouch. rpcauth_lookup_credcache() memory corruption bug
- Matthew Wilcox: file locking cleanups
- David Woodhouse: USB audio spinlock fixes
- Torben Mathiasen: tlan driver cleanups
- Randy Dunlap: Yenta: CACHE_LINE_SIZE is in dwords, not bytes.
- Randy Dunlap: more USB updates
- Kanoj Sarcar: clean up the NUMA interfaces (pg_data instead of nodes)
- "save_fpu()" was broken. Need to clear pending errors: save_init_fpu().

- pre2:
- remember to change the kernel version ;)
- isapnp.txt bugfix
- ia64 update
- sparc update
- networking update (pppoe init, frame diverter, fix tcp_sendmsg,
fix udp_recvmsg).
- Compile for WinChip must _not_ use "-march=i686". It's a i586.
- Randy Dunlap: more USB updates
- clarify the Firewire AIC-5800 situation. It's not supported yet.
- PCI-space decode size fix. This is needed for some (broken?) hardware
- /proc/self/maps off-by-one error
- 3c501, 3c507, cs89x0 network drivers drop unnecessary check_region
- Asahi Kasei AK4540: new codec ID. Yamaha: new PCI ID's.
- ne2k-pci net driver documentation update
- Paul Gortmaker: delete paranoia check in rtc_exit
- scsi_merge: memset the right amount of memory.
- sun3fb: old __initfunc() not supported any more.
- synclink: remove unnecessary task state games
- xd.c: proper casting for 64-bit architectures
- vmalloc: page table update race condition.

- pre1:
- Roger Larsson: ">=" instead of ">" to make the VM not get stuck.
- Gideon Glass: brw_kiovec() failure case oops fix
- Rik van Riel: better memory balancing and OOM killer
- Ivan Kokshaysky: alpha compile fixes
- Vojtech Pavlik: forgotten ENOUGH macro in via82cxxx ide driver
- Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo: acpi resource leak fix
- Brian Gerst: use mov's instead of xchg in kernel trap entry
- Torben Mathiasen: tlan timer being added twice bug
- Andrzej Krzysztofowicz: config file fixes
- Jean Tourrilhes: Wavelan lockup on SMP fix
- Roman Zippel: initdata must be initialized (even if it is to zero:
gcc is strange)
- Jean Tourrilhes: hp100 driver lockup at startup on SMP
- Russell King: fix silly minixfs uninitialized error bug
- (various): fix uid hashing to use "uid_t" instead of "unsigned short"
- Jaroslav Kysela: isapnp timeout fix. NULL ptr dereference fix.
- Alain Knaff: fdformat should work again.
- Randy Dunlap: USB - fix bluetooth, acm, printer, serial to work
with urb->dev changes.
- Randy Dunlap: USB whiteheat serial driver firmware update.
- Randy Dunlap: USB hub memory corruption and pegasus driver update
- Andre Hedrick: IDE Makefile cleanup

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.183 / U:0.172 seconds]