SubjectCalling current() from interrupt context

I'd just like to confirm that it's illegal to call current()
from interrupt-handling code.

I'm working on the VAX port and the reason I ask is that the
VAX has separate stack pointers for user, kernel and interrupt
contexts. Therefore, the current = (SP & ~8192) hack will give
completely bogus results when handling an interrupt.

My feeling is that interrupt code has no business calling current(),
but I don't know the kernel well enough to be sure. Is there any
interrupt-level code that calls current() or is it a design
principle that it cannot be called?