    SubjectRe: failure to burn CDs under 2.4.0-test9
    Henrik Størner wrote:
    > Heh - the first drive I saw this on was an old HP IDE drive only
    > capable of burning at double-speed. The second - a Yamaha SCSI
    > drive - does support CDRW, but I rarely use it. The Yamaha does
    > quad-speed, which is what I used when the burn faild.
    >
    > Haven't had any problems prior to this with these drives running at
    > their max speed, though. And the same drive burns the same image
    > just fine while running 2.2.17.

    I have (or to be fair, my work has) an old HP7200 parallel port CD-R
    and CD-RW drive, and it runs perfectly under 2.4.0-test7... Haven't had
    a single burn that has failed. It's max speed is 2x, but i always use
    the
    speed=2... Dunno why.. Just does... I'll try without, but I can't see
    what it should change...

    Regards,
    Dennis Krøger

    --
    Thanks, and THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we
    get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really bad

    -- Linus Torvalds - During problems with ext2 in September 2000