    SubjectRe: 2.2.18Pre Lan Performance Rocks!

    Andre Hedrick is now the CTO of TRG and Chief Scientist over Linux
    Development. After talking
    to him, we are going to do our own ring 0 2.4 and 2.2.x code bases for
    the MANOS merge.
    the uClinux is interesting, but I agree is limited.

    MANOS schedules should be unaffected. The current DLL prototype of
    Linux 2.2 is ring 0, but I shudder at trying to merge all the changes
    I've done to it into core 2.2.X as a .config
    option. There's also the gravity well forces of different views to this
    effort. With Andre
    on the job, I am more confident in co-opting the Linux drivers and just
    biting the bullet
    on the support issues, and doing a full fork of Linux.