    SubjectRe: Need info on the use of certain datastructures and the first C++ keyword patch for 2.2.17
    > 2.4 symbol generation code never sees the C++ names, 2.5 code might.
    > To detect a mismatch between kernel headers and the module version
    > file, I have to generate the checksum for the consumer of the symbol
    > (C++) as well as the generator of the symbol (C) and compare them.

    These are structure field names. They aren't part of a symbol and are only
    part of your checksum computation which is done on the C headers so a constant.

    If we were renaming variables or actual objects I'd agree. But structure names
    are fine so long as we only use C names for the module checksum computation

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.020 / U:0.348 seconds]